ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big day at the new field again today (Read 4359 times)
FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Big day at the new field again today
Apr 7th, 2012 at 5:04pm

Joe, Jon, Craig and I arrived at the old site this morning and quickly determined Craig's trailer was not big enough to move the shelters.  So we adjourned to the new site where we cleared a few rocks from the runway and mowed it very close.  It's looking great!

While there Derek's 16 year old son Luke arrived with a tractor and proceeded to grade the road.  While chatting with him I mentioned our problem with the smaller trailer and asked if he could give us a hand at some point moving the shelters.  His response "meet me there at 2:30 this afternoon"

so we went back to the old site and proceeded to take apart the shelters in preparation for the move.  Not an easy task.

right at 2;30 Luke arrived and by this time Jon had called stephanie and my grandson Jordan for some extra muscle power.  I also intimidated my brother John into joining us.

so end of the story, the shelters are at the new site.  the only thing left to go are the greenlee box and the johnny on the spot.

Thanks go out to Craig, Jon, Joe, Stephanie, my brother John, and most of all to Luke!  Great job guys!

1.  Luke grades the road

2. Not the trans canada but darned close.

3. and 4.  Joe, Craig and Jon dismantle the shelters.

DSC_4795-a.jpg (99 KB | 328 )
DSC_4795-a.jpg
DSC_4802-a.jpg (99 KB | 331 )
DSC_4802-a.jpg
DSC_4806-a.jpg (99 KB | 320 )
DSC_4806-a.jpg
DSC_4803-a.jpg (98 KB | 316 )
DSC_4803-a.jpg

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: Big day at the new field again today
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 5:07pm

pix 1 through 4.  the shelters arrive at the new site.

Joe and I picked up new legs for the shelters on Thursday.  We're gonna need some muscle power when we get those installed and set the shelters in place.  stay tuned.

DSC_4823-a.jpg (99 KB | 326 )
DSC_4823-a.jpg
DSC_4837-a.jpg (96 KB | 321 )
DSC_4837-a.jpg
DSC_4839-a.jpg (94 KB | 315 )
DSC_4839-a.jpg
DSC_4847-a.jpg (99 KB | 311 )
DSC_4847-a.jpg

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 5:13pm

and finally, despite things being so dry so early this year, flooding continues at our old site, the second time I've seen this in the last month or so.  this photo was made at 930 am this morning.

As I drove home at supper time tonight the tide was up again in the shubie river and again spreading over the old field.  It'll be that way for another few days.

DSC_4791-a.jpg (98 KB | 321 )
DSC_4791-a.jpg

IP Logged

JMiller
Private

Rotor Head

Milford
Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 7:18pm

Great play by play as always Al.  It's really nice to see how far we have come in such a short time and it isn't even half way through April yet! Smiley

IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:17pm

Glad that the shelters are at the new site, a bit of effort but  it was not all that hard afterall. The shelters will be up next weekend as long as the weather holds up, and even that will not be all that hard. I think that a big thank you should go to Craig for bringing his trailer out for all that we needed it without question, as well thanks to paul for cutting down the trees at the end of the runway, Chris and Alain for moving the airplane stands and the picnic tables, and anyone else that I forgot to mention. I think that this place is the best thing that has happened to the club since I have been here. To think that all of this has happened in just two weeks... and without all of the BS that is involved with planning. If we had to wait for that than none of this would be done at all, and the days of waiting are over. I personally now have over 30 flights off the new field, and like Joe said its only early April. Grin

IP Logged

Jim G
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

Tantallon, NS
Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:03pm

Shocked Congratulations and much thanks to all those who moved all the gear to the new field..I regret I'm not able to help anymore but I'm eternally gratfull to those who are doing all the work.
I agree with Jon, this is a much better location and I expect we will get at least 3 years before the water rises that far?????
Jim G

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:08pm

I dunno jim.  The water was up on the old site again today.   Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1