ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IMPORTANT announcement from MAAC (Read 2790 times)
FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
IMPORTANT announcement from MAAC
Sep 30th, 2013 at 5:56pm

The Board of Directors has voted to release for publication the New MAAC Safety Code and the MAAC Policy and Procedures Documents that support it.

The 22 MSD documents that make up the New Safety Code are being posted on the MAAC Web Site under Committees, Safety, View Committee Documents, Main MAAC Documents.

The 12 MPPD supporting documents are being posted under Committees, Safety, View Committee Documents, Other Documents.

French Translations of these documents are in process and will be posted on the French Language site as they become available. At this time we have received six translated documents back from the translator.

The above action completes a process that began in April 2012 to revise, reorganize and update the existing Safety Code and Safety Guidelines.  The proposed New MAAC Safety Code and MAAC Policy and Procedures Documents were submitted to the Board of Directors by the Safety Committee in November 2012 and were approved by the Board at the AGM in Saskatoon on March 24, 2013.

Due to the size of these files it is not yet decided how or if these documents will be published in the Magazine. In the meantime those members not having access to the internet may request a printed copy from the MAAC Office.

These changes to the MAAC Safety Code are effective immediately.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not attempt a reply to this email message.  Please direct your questions or concerns to your zone director either through the zone page or the email address can be found on page 3 of Model Aviation Canada.

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: IMPORTANT announcement from MAAC
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 6:04pm

sometimes I wonder what in the h*ll these guys on maac committees do.  I just checked the appropriate spots indicated above and NONE of the above notice featured documents are on the site.  bad enough they take this long to get them to the membership but when they say they have them done, they are nowhere to be found.  CR*P!

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 8:45pm

well, the documents are now up on the maac site.  what a wonderful system.  to read the maac safety code specific to my interest in the hobby I have to download seven separate pdf files, according to MSD-2, numbers 1,2,3, 6,7,17 and 23.  oh and number 23 doesn't exist.

this is ridiculous.

IP Logged

small_rc

Halifax
Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 6:33pm

When the announcement was made, I downloaded the docs that were there on the site.  They were all dated July 2012.  I wrote to the MAAC contact page.

They came back and said "Oh we have not gotten them up.  I will take the existing ones off the site.  The webmaster has not gotten around to uploading them."

Rather amusing.  A person at MAAC can take docs down but cannot put new ones up.

The finished docs are virtually the same platitudes as all of the previous versions.  Now they are just harder to get in one spot.  Barely 30 odd pages in total.  Should have been a single document. 

Oh well they are saying they are improving, but not very evident yet, based on what I see.

Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning.

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 7:56pm

Today Avon RC Flyers president Bruce Hall retrieved all the new safety code documents from the MAAC site and pulled them together into a single PDF document as they should have been posted in the first place.

Many thanks goes to Bruce for undertaking that task.

I have uploaded Bruce's file to our web site.  Members should take the time to download and read and understand this safety code.

I have to admit the safety committee has done a good job on this (other than the way it's presented on the maac site) and things are clearly and concisely stated.

http://www.asrcm.ns.ca/files/MAAC_Safety_Code.pdf

IP Logged

RocketManRC
Private

Here's to summer!

Bedford NS
Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 12:49pm

I agree Al, these are really well thought out and well written. To bad MAAC made such a mess of presenting them!

Rick MacDonald

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print