Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Road Update (Read 3948 times)
JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Road Update
Apr 21st, 2014 at 5:48pm

Hey guys,  just an update about the road up to the field.  The gravel has been delivered and has been dumped at several spots going up the road. This is what Derek wanted and it will make it easier for him to spread it out. I talked to him this morning and he told me that he would spread it out tonight or early tomorrow.  As of 4 today you cannot drive up the hill as it is all in the way. We are so lucky to have a landlord like this that is willing to help us out. I asked him to put some in the potholes at the bottom of the hill if there was any left. I also asked him to take a minute and see what we have cut down and make sure that it is ok. We spent just about what we all agreed to spend on this project.  If anyone wants to know the exact amount just send me an email. Joe was with me today and took a few pictures, so hopefully he will post them later on.

IP Logged

JMiller
Private

Rotor Head

Milford
Re: Road Update
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 6:03pm

Pics from today.

IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:34pm

I just came back from a walk with Steffie at the field tonight,  and Derek still has not been there. Hopefully tomorrow.

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:45pm

WOW!  things are sure looking up at the field.  Some photos from tonight showing the gravel and road improvement.

Joe and Jon did some grunt work there today and filled in much of the ruts with shovels and rakes prior to the spreading of the gravel.

hell of a job guys in doing that and getting the gravel there so quickly.  Perfect timing for Derek to spread it before it dries totally and gets rock hard.

DSC_3201-1.jpg (95 KB | 209 )
DSC_3201-1.jpg
DSC_3202-1.jpg (95 KB | 210 )
DSC_3202-1.jpg
DSC_3203-1.jpg (95 KB | 210 )
DSC_3203-1.jpg
DSC_3208-1.jpg (95 KB | 187 )
DSC_3208-1.jpg

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 7:46pm

the corner going onto the pasture is still a bit damp but drying steadily.

DSC_3209-1.jpg (95 KB | 206 )
DSC_3209-1.jpg

IP Logged

JMiller
Private

Rotor Head

Milford
Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 8:54pm

Thanks for the pics Al!  Jon deserves all the credit on this one as he spent the all the time organizing the delivery and co-ordinating with Derek.  I was just there for my good looks and charm Grin

IP Logged

rob2

ASRCM Forum User

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 10:05am

Looks great, that's going to make for a much easier drive to the field this summer.

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 4:58pm

the road is done gents.  Arrived there about 10am this morning and Derek had been and gone.  the road is great, smooth and dry.  we drove right to the pits this morning without any problem at all.

there is one muddy spot at the bottom of the field that is currently messy and Derek used his machine to scoop a drain from that before he left.  So that spot should dry soon and stay relatively dry.

DSC_2383-1.jpg (94 KB | 200 )
DSC_2383-1.jpg
DSC_3213-1.jpg (95 KB | 195 )
DSC_3213-1.jpg

IP Logged

RocketManRC
Private

Here's to summer!

Bedford NS
Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 7:09pm

It's not as bad as it looks. I walked through it and it's firm underneath.

mud1.JPG (74 KB | 202 )
mud1.JPG
mud2.JPG (115 KB | 191 )
mud2.JPG

Rick MacDonald

IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2014 at 8:56pm

We drove through it ok tonight Rick. Your right it looks worse than it really is.It was great to be able to drive my car right up to the pitts tonight. I called Derek to thank him for the great job that he did and for doing it so fast for us, but come to find out that it was actually his son that did the work.. Really glad that we all  decided to get this done to the road. Its so much better now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print