ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Motion put forward for Atlantic Zone AGM (Read 1111 times)
small_rc

Halifax
Motion put forward for Atlantic Zone AGM
Sep 23rd, 2016 at 11:27am

I am a member in good standing with MAAC.  I have been for more than 30 years. 

Today I received notice of the Atlantic Zone Meeting for MAAC.  In it there was a reference to a motion for the dismissal of the current Zone Director.

Below is my response sent to MAAC Headquarters and the current Zone Director.  In a nutshell I say, the By-Laws don't provide for a dismissal motion, and the By-Laws don't contain the referenced subsection.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Day.

Regarding the agenda for the Atlantic Zone Meeting and the motion put forward.  The motion references a section of the MAAC By-Laws as Part 13 (b)(ii).

The By-Laws as posted on the MAAC Website are dated December 11, 2014.  They do not include any reference to 13 (b)(ii) on page 7 of the document.  The section mentioned in the motion does not exist in the document on line.  If the member putting forward the motion, has a different set of By-Laws, then it is imperative that those By-Laws be the ones on the website.  If the By-Laws on the MAAC Website are out of date, then the motion as proposed cannot go forward, as the general membership does not have access to the current valid By-Laws.

Further I could not find any reference to a method for dismissal of a Director or Zone Director.   There is no provision for the dismissal of a director by vote of members. Therefore because the reason for the motion and the motion as put forward, don't comply with the By-Laws, the motion should be dismissed and not allowed to be presented at the meeting.

Regards

Jim Haliburton

Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print